Wednesday 17 September 2014

Create a patchwork quilt using large hexagons. Part 9

Create a patchwork quilt using large hexagons. Part 9

Some progress during this week of happenings, despite work being laid out on the floor most the time.   Gordon, my new husband is very patient that the dining room carpet is mostly taken up by an unfinished sewing project.  Means that he can have meals on a tray watching the TV.

The images below look almost identical.  Look twice and two differences can be found.  Decisions, decisions.  I cannot make up my mind whether to use four strong red hexagons as shown in the lower part of the left hand image, or replace with two cream unobtrusive hexagons as shown in the right hand image.  Both look OK but solid red is a harsh emotional colour.  Years ago we had a bright red carpet covering a very large room.  It was an expensive Axminster wool carpet. It made me feel angry and unsettled.  I never felt peace in that room.   Strange how colours affect emotions.  Just writing this has made my mind up.  Remove the two red.  

The second error also involves red.   I am removing the strong pinky red rosette bottom left hand corner and replacing it with the one shown in the right hand image.

Decisions made.  Gordon, darling it will be dinner for two on a beautifully laid up table in the dining room tonight.   








No comments: