Saturday 28 October 2017

Mind Cleansing. Letting go and passing on cherished possessions.

Mind Cleansing.  Letting go and passing on cherished sewing possessions. 


Today, feeling stressed, unwell and tired, my thoughts focused on the massive quantities of textiles and haberdashery I have collected over the years, most of it vintage and beautiful.

I ventured to an ottoman and opened a box to find numerous boxes and tins from the 1960's to 80's, Crawfords Petticoat Tails shortbread tin, Benson and Hedges cigarette pack, and a beautifully faded Christian Dior 'Miss Dior' perfume box plus a well preserved toffee tin, each containing buttons matched by size, colour, texture, most in miniature plastic re-sealable polythene sachets.  All with the good intention of being 'used one day'.  I cruelly cut corners off polythene bags so the contents fell into a modern plastic container ocean full of miscellaneous buttons, clasps, buckles and hooks and eyes

I know my mind will be cleansed and less cluttered if I pass on some of my cherished vintage beautiful haberdashery and textiles to people I know, who will appreciate, be creative and inspiring with stuff I will never ever have the time use.  Its time to let go and immediately, I feel better.  Its wonderful to mind cleanse.  www.jackiewills.com






No comments: